Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Monday, October 24, 2005

    Back To Square One...

    I should know better than to say things are going well because the minute I say it, we're back to where we started.

    This will be a short post for many reasons. Baby Jack is not only teething with the wrath of Satan behind him, but suffering from separation anxiety in immense forms. He not only refuses to sleep (day or night), he's refusing to let anyone else sleep, too. Just ask Blondie and the dogs. They're our witnesses.

    I got about three hours of sleep last night and called in sick at work again. I didn't want to, but after last night, it was the best solution for the predicament I was in. I can't function on very little sleep anymore, not just because I'm a Mama, but also because I'm pregnant. I thought I'd be able to catch up today, but to no avail. Baby Jack only took two 45-minute naps and Hubby and I have been zombies all day long. It's not the way I'd wanted the day to be, but Jack's the boss and we do whatever he wishes. If that means we get no sleep, then that's what we get.

    He's got a new tooth to show for this drama he's been putting us through, however. And there's more on the way. Just look inside his mouth or feel around. You'll understand it then. The separation anxiety, however, is throwing us for a loop. He doesn't want to be anywhere we're not, nor does he sleep very long at any given time of day. He's afraid we won't come back or won't be there when he awakens.

    The inconsolable crying is breaking my heart into teeny tiny pieces only another Mother would know about. My methods of comfort aren't working anymore and I just don't know how to get through this with my sanity intact. Hubby and I have called a truce and agreed to no more midnight arguments. Let's see how long that'll work. I'm tired of fighting; tired of not sleeping; tired of being ineffective. I'm against an invisible wall that feels impossible to climb. Without adequate sleep added into the mixture, I'm just a bowl of Jello wiggling about.

    Wish us luck in getting through tonight. I dread going to sleep because I just don't know how long it'll be good for. I'm hoping that tonight we all just collapse from exhaustion and are able to start a brand new day tomorrow, without bags under all of our eyes. There's gotta be a better ending to this nightmare of late. There's just gotta be a rainbow somewhere.

    8 Comments:

    • At 6:25 PM, October 24, 2005, Anonymous your long-distance sister said…

      I have no advice for you. I'm sorry, Amy.

      All you can do is get through it, day by day, night by night, I guess.

      Hang in there, sister. I love you.

      HEY!! You could send Jack to Kansas! I'd whip him into shape for you, then send him back all fixed.

      OR YOU could just hop on a plane and I'd take care of you until he's done with this terrible phase!

      That's the ticket!

       
    • At 6:27 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger sue said…

      Ah, yes... how well I remember the roller-coaster! There's a reason mom's should be young... they need all the energy they can get. Hoping baby Jack lets you all sleep tonight...

       
    • At 6:54 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger Erin said…

      I hope tonight goes better for you. Teething sucks. Lack of sleep sucks. Teething, tired babies suck.

      But, I just realized, your in your 2nd trimester now! Yippy! Aren't things supposed to get better? LOL! Oh, that's rich!

       
    • At 8:11 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger mr_g said…

      Good luck. This too shall pass.

       
    • At 8:18 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger mamalife said…

      No sleep sucks, especially for a tired pregnant lady. May you and Jack have sweet dreams tonight!

       
    • At 8:12 AM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Dida said…

      I hope you have woke up refreshed!

      I have no advice for you, just sympathy. No sleep sucks. Unconsolable babies make me pull my hair out. Cranky husbands that just don't understand make me want to scream.

      Hang in there and take care of yourself as best you can.

       
    • At 8:45 AM, October 25, 2005, Blogger cubmommy said…

      You are not alone! Going through the lack of sleep also and my kid is 13 months old. Still won't sleep through the night. Teething sucks!

      I can only imagine how tough it is going through no sleep and being pregnant. That is rough.

      Too bad you can't do like the teacher in the movie Teachers were the class would come up and get the assignment or quiz and the teacher would sit there and "read" the paper but actually take a nap. That was an 80's movie.

      Anyway, I hope things get better and you are able to get some rest.

       
    • At 8:59 AM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Blog This! said…

      Teething is the worst! I wish that they had a magic pill to transfer the pain from them to us! Its just heartbreaking you are right. Lots of TLC and cold things to chew and Tylenol or Ibuprofren if you choose. Also, I found homeopathic teething tablets that helped out.

      Just think, by two years old he will be done teething - and the next one will be in full force - LOL. Really, try and get some rest whenever you can, I know its hard.

      Susan

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home