Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Saturday, October 08, 2005

    Happy Birthdays!...

    Today is my son Jack's eighth month birthday! He is now officially two-thirds of a year old. WOO-HOO! It also happens to be my dog Java's birthday, too. She is now two years old and officially considered a dog, not a puppy anymore. YIPPEE! She can start kicking in around here now.

    I took the dog and the baby to my Mother's house today, where they both enjoyed some quality playtime with the family. Both of them had a great time! Hubby will pick up an enormous rawhide bone for Java on his way home from work, in celebration of her big day and I will rest now that I'm back home, if my mind and my body actually allow me to. I forgot how easily tired one gets when pregnant. My mind is racing, even though my body is trying to tell me to slow down. My body wants a nap, but my head won't cooperate. I'm pooped, but I needed to blog all of this before the baby decides he's going to get up from his late afternoon nap. He fell asleep on the fifteen-minute drive home, during the last five minutes of it, of course. I didn't have any trouble getting him into the crib, though. So, I'm happy that he's resting. His morning nap was only a little over an hour long, so he desperately needs this afternoon one. And I desperately need him to take it.

    The dog is resting; the baby is resting; I think I'm going to go rest now. I need to clean my house, but I don't feel guilty about delegating some of the responsibilities to the others that live here, too. I keep forgetting I'm pregnant and that I'm not SuperMommy. I can't get done as much as I used to because my body is telling me to shut the fuck up and go lie down. Right now, I don't have the energy to argue with it, so I'm just going to listen to it.

    I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. It's nice and cool here in the Windy City and it's going to stay that way for a while. This is my kind of weather, too. It makes me just want to nap, nap, nap. And why shouldn't I? After all, I am napping for two now.

    See you tomorrow! Enjoy the weekend. I know I will. I'm off on Monday, courtesy of Christopher Columbus.

    10 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home