Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Monday, October 17, 2005

    I'm Spent...

    Remember what I said about those tender mother/son moments in yesterday's post? Well, last night wasn't one of them.

    Baby Jack went to bed at 9:15 p.m. last night and decided he was going to be wide awake at 1:22 a.m. He didn't even wind up going back to sleep again until 5 a.m. Hubby and I were up the entire night with him. I knew once three o'clock rolled around, I'd be in no shape to go to work. And I wasn't feeling guilty about calling in this morning one bit, considering I'd be rolling out of bed at 5:30 a.m. on very little sleep. After all, I am pregnant, I do still have this nasty congestion that just won't clear itself up, and I need my sleep. Hubby and I were wide awake, yelling at each other in the middle of the night (scaring Blondie in the basement), so I felt physically and emotionally exhausted this morning. And after the baby got to sleep at 5 a.m., he still wound up getting up at 7:15 this morning. He didn't drink much of his bottle and fell back asleep at 7:45 a.m., only to get back up again at 8:30 for another round of "How Do You Like Me Now?" I am, for lack of a better word, spent.

    It's Hubby's day off and he's out running errands right now. Jack went down for his morning nap at 11:30 a.m., so I'm blogging right now before I hit the hay. It's raining; it's dark; and a nap is calling me. I just hope Baby Jack sleeps long enough for me to be able to get some quality shut-eye in, as well.

    In all of his night-waking moments, this one was, by far, the longest and worst episode we've ever had with him. I'm praying (HA!) that it had something to do with his teething. He's been congested lately, too. Thank goodness for booger sucker thingamajigs.

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I must keep my eyelids open long enough to make it to the bed. G'night!

    P.S. Java smells like ass today, too. Can this day get any worse?

    14 Comments:

    • At 12:39 PM, October 17, 2005, Anonymous Mom said…

      It's GOT to be the teeth! That's a rough night for all three of you!

       
    • At 12:43 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger beans said…

      look at you... already using the pregnant trump card to get days off!

      heh...
      funny how our dogs usually need baths at the same time.

       
    • At 12:49 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger MonikazMommy said…

      I hope your nap went well...for all of your sakes....bwaha

      apparently hubby went temporarily stupid last night, he should know better than to yell at a pregnant woman running on no sleep...very dangerous for him... ;)

      I really hope the rest of your day...and tonight...go off without a hitch...good luck and take care

       
    • At 12:51 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger nu. said…

      oh no! i hope your day improves.
      don't worry, i bet there are loads more of those tender mother / son moments to come yet, and that'll make you forget all about days like today.
      but here's a *hug* for you anyway.

       
    • At 12:53 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Erin said…

      You: Sleep
      Jack: Shape up buddy! LOL! It's probably teeth
      Hubby: Don't make me come over there!
      Java: WTF?

      Tell you a little secret: I've been giving G. tylenol everynight before bed for the past 3 days because of the same thing. It has been helping. Then, this morning ... FINALLY! I see his two top teeth just peeking through. This child is the s.l.o.w.e.s.t. teether in the fucking world!

      Good luck. Get some rest.

       
    • At 1:01 PM, October 17, 2005, Anonymous your sister who is luckily far away said…

      Sure it could get worse - you could be pregnant again!

      Oops - you already are! Okay - no, it couldn't get worse.

      Go to sleep. Hide from the world and the baby. And have Blondie give that stinky dog a bath!

       
    • At 2:10 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger sue said…

      LOL! I have to agree with your sister... :) Hope tonight is MUCH better.

       
    • At 3:51 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger cmhl said…

      awwww, hang in there!!!

      and, with pregnant nose, probably EVERYTHING smells like ass. haha.

       
    • At 4:42 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger cubmommy said…

      Oh those nights know them well. Sorry to hear you had to go through it also. Not really just glad I am not the only one who has.

      I hate that ass smell.

       
    • At 7:32 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Reflections Of A Mom said…

      I've had a few of those nights too. And it's really annoying when they want to play and you just want to lay down on the couch!

      Hope tonight is better!

       
    • At 11:10 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger momyblogR said…

      Oh girl! I was reading your post and breaking out in cold sweats, remembering the days. Man oh man! Those days are gone and I'm on to the next phase. Really, it's all that same crap, NO SLEEP!

      Ass smell, YACK!!!

       
    • At 9:24 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Rae Ann said…

      I hope you got some rest and I hope everyone is feeling better today. Yesterday seemed to be a really hard day for just about everyone I know. Maybe it was the full moon.

       
    • At 9:58 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Melissa said…

      Hopefully the days will only get better!

       
    • At 2:31 AM, October 19, 2005, Blogger As always... Rachael said…

      Kudos to hubby for running some errands, since he must be exhausted too. It's good to have each others' backs. Get some rest now! (although it's 2:30 am now - you might be wide awake again by now!! But I hope not!)

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home