Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Friday, October 07, 2005

    It's A Great Day To Be Me...

    My Sister sent some wonderful, unexpected gifts to me. (Thank you so much!!!) They arrived yesterday and are totally funny. I got a shirt that says, "Writing well is the best revenge," (she ordered it from here) and Baby Jack got a shirt that says, "Zero tolerance for asshats," (she ordered it from here). I dig this more than you'll ever know. I can't wait to put the shirt on the baby and take him out and about in it. I'll make sure to bring my camera so I can capture the looks on people's faces when they read his shirt! Hee, hee!

    Tomorrow, Baby Jack will be eight months old and Java will be two years old. It's going to be a fun day. I can hardly wait for it to begin! Java's come a long, long way, but still has to get her puppyhood behind her. We'll have to consider her a dog now, officially. I think she's going to turn out well, but she'll never be Buddha. She marches to the beat of her own drum and has a completely different personality. I like her, even when she pisses me off. She's got an attitude, but she's still a sweetie.

    Baby Jack has come a long way, too. He does so many cool things now. It's such a surprise to me how quickly babies grow up. It seems like just yesterday when he wouldn't let me blog without being in my arms, fast asleep. Now, he crawls all over the place and I'm lucky if I can catch him half the time before he gets into something. He's amazing, every little thing about him. He's captured my soul like no one ever could. I have a son. Oh. My. God. It's not like I didn't know this already, but it's so weird to see him growing up right before my eyes.

    Wednesday night, he took his bath in my tub, still in his infant tub, of course. It was a first for him and us, though. And he sloshed around and splashed and made faces when the water hit his face, but it didn't deter him from splashing more. This time, however, he wasn't turning my kitchen into Lake Eatmisery; he kept it all confined within the realms of my bathtub. Yea for me! And the dogs didn't get wet, either. It was a fun time! He let me cut his toenails and his fingernails afterward, too. I didn't have to bite his fingernails for the first time. He just let me cut them, with much help from his Papa by way of distractions.

    Now that we have another baby on the way, I can't help but imagine how different they may be. I'm hoping for an easy pregnancy, but I'll take whatever I get. With Jack, I had an easy pregnancy and a difficult delivery. Who knows how this one will be? It could be the exact opposite or it could be the same. It could, however, be completely different. I look forward to it with awe...awe for my body, awe for my mothering abilities that I'd never known about until Jack came into my life, and awe for what I know I'm ultimately ready for (again!) in so many ways.

    This is going to be a great ride, my life. And it's only just begun. I'm happy and I'm feeling refreshed at the moment. It's a great day to be me, really.

    7 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home