Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Tuesday, October 25, 2005

    That Accomplished Feeling...

    Today, I stopped putting something off.

    I made two doctor appointments today; one for me and one for Baby Jack. We'll both be going to see our doctors on the same day, but at different times, of course. It can't be made easy, can it? Our appointments will be on Veterans' Day, which is my next day off. Jack's will be at 10 a.m. and mine will be at 1:45 p.m. Did I forget to mention that I picked a new OB/GYN? Instead of going back to the dimwit (without surgical rights) that asked me, "What is a birth plan" I'll be going to the guy who performed my actual C-section with Jack.

    You do realize I made our appointments on the same day on purpose, don't you? Plus, Hubby is off that day, so he'll watch Baby Jack so I can go back to the hospital for my checkup that afternoon, hopefully while Jack is napping. I would prefer if Hubby could go with me, but not if we have to have Jack in tow. He'll need a nap after his shots. Maybe I can get someone to watch him while we go to my doctor appointment. If not, then I'll just go alone, although I'd rather not.

    I would've made my appointment for sooner, but he had no available times for three whole weeks. Yikes! I'll be confirming my pregnancy (duh!) that day and Jack will get his nine-months checkup and shots.

    Although it was just two relatively minor phone calls that I had to make, I do feel somewhat accomplished in doing it. I've been meaning to get around to making these appointments, but just hadn't done it. Today was the day to do it, I guess. And since Jack had to go, I forced myself to call and get a visit in for myself, even though I dread it.

    Believe me, I tried to get both appointments for Halloween, but I couldn't. I would've LOVED to have missed work on that day for those reasons! I'm not looking forward to being in my school's neighborhood on Halloween. You better believe I'm leaving as soon as the bell rings that day. It's the only day of the year I hate eggs.

    SIDENOTE: Baby Jack is being an angel for my Dad right this very minute. I called my Dad and talked to him and he says that everything's been going great...naps, eating, playing, etc. I don't believe it, but then again I do. It figures things would start to look up as I neared the end of my rope. Perhaps it has something to do with Jack passing out without a bedtime feeding at 8 o'clock last night and still being asleep when I left at 7:15 this morning. (Mind you, he was awake for nineteen hours yesterday.) Go figure.

    9 Comments:

    • At 4:23 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Erin said…

      Yea! I'm so excited that you are going to the doctor! Maybe you'll get an ultrasound? PICTURES of the bambino!!!!

      Good job switching doctors. See if your ins. will cover a midwife or a doula. A midwife especially because they have all kinds of cool tricks to get babies out the ol natural way!

      Oooo, and it may not be too long before I am joining your ranks. AGAIN. I'll post details later, but I wanted to let you know cause I knew you'd be excited!

       
    • At 4:54 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger As always... Rachael said…

      I'm awful about making appointments too. Such a silly "thing to do" that always manages to get postponed. I wonder why that is?

       
    • At 6:10 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger beans said…

      i know this 'step' was one of the hardest...

      out with the old, in with the new!

      you know i love ya.

       
    • At 6:39 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger MonikazMommy said…

      Amy, I am so happy for you that you made the necessary appointmens. I knew you would when you were ready...

      I am happy that you are happy for yourself...it is exactly what you needed, a little positivity goes a long way....

      You are a wonderful person and mommy, and you are going to be fine.

      Good for you for having the courage to switch your ob/gyn...

      I was wondering if I could ask you when your birthday is because I noticed that we are both 33 and aquarius's.

      Have a great evening, and I hope it goes well..

       
    • At 4:11 AM, October 26, 2005, Blogger nu. said…

      hey, good for you! and yes, i want to see a picture of Baby Jr. too!
      hope it all goes well!

       
    • At 9:12 AM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Dida said…

      If my doc had asked me what a birth plan was, I'd have slapped him/her for being so outrageously stupid!

      Ask about the VBAC classes and, like Erin said, midwives can be brilliant. If the new doc doesn't offer you the chance at a VBAC, switch again!

      The important thing is that you have a healty pregnancy and baby, no matter if it happens naturally or surgically...

       
    • At 9:25 AM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Lizard Queen said…

      'round here we don't so much do eggs on Halloween, sometimes but not often...but the city's been known to be ablaze the night before! It's gotten better the last few years, I'm just glad it's not on a work day, for whatever reason I'm always afraid something is gonna happen and I'll have to work later than I'm supposed to on Devil's Night in Detroit...not good...

       
    • At 12:34 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger sue said…

      Good for you...
      Good for Jack! Wowza...he really did pass out, didn't he? Hope he's not up all night tonight. Grandpa better wear him out! LOL!

       
    • At 11:37 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Amanda said…

      YAY! Good for you.
      I 3rd, 4th?? the midwife suggestion. And like Dida said, if this Dr. doesn't meet your standards, switch again. These doctors work for US! We can fire them at will. Sorry... stepping down from my soap box now...
      Best thougths for a healthy, less strssful pregnancy than you have had so far! :)

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home