Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Thursday, October 06, 2005

    Under My Skin...

    Do you want to know what gets under my skin? Well, I'm going to tell you. Take a look at the following:

    *when parents have to "check with their supervisor" to see if they can go to their kid's school for a meeting about said kid's unsavory classroom behavior or they make three appointments and never show up for any of them (and don't bother calling)

    *when the stapler runs out of staples

    *when a button pops off my blouse minutes before I'm ready to leave for work

    *when the dogs bark or the neighbors' landscapers wake up the baby minutes after he's just gone to sleep

    *when I step with my bare feet into something wet that I didn't put there

    *when I forget to lock my desk at work

    *when a blog I read daily disappears into thin air

    *when people in cars race to get ahead of me and then proceed to drive slower than I ever would

    *when the light turns red and there's a cop nearby just waiting to see if I'll blow the light

    *when I run out of any important ingredient in something I'm making

    *when any drain in the house gets clogged

    *when I meet mothers of my eighth-grade students and they dress like whores

    *tight clothing on women who have no place wearing anything remotely snug

    *men who gawk at young girls

    *when the gas light goes on in my car, signalling the fact that I need to fill up the tank and go broke in doing so

    *pink and orange worn together

    *moochers

    *royal blue eyeliner on anyone

    *a nap that's too short (whether it's mine or the baby's)

    *people who backstab, people who put on a false front, and people who are two-faced

    *Bible beaters, born-agains, and pseudo-Christians (you know what those are; the ones who get all dressed up to go to church, but then treat the people they run into like shit on a daily basis, not "walking the walk," so to speak)

    *staunch Republicans with inflexible views

    *pro-lifers

    *the stupid dances football players do in the endzone after they score a touchdown, as if they're paid to do that little dance

    *music about pimps, ho's, and hoochie mamas (translation: black men screaming at me on the radio) and any music that forces the white girl singing to sound like she's not white, but in the middle of a seizure, popping that vein that sticks out of her forehead as she's straining to hit that high note

    *cemeteries piss me off; you don't need to spend the money getting buried because no one's going to visit you after a month

    *when a recipe goes wrong

    *a flat tire in the dead of winter

    *curling iron burns (it's been years since I had one of those, but I still cringe thinking about it)

    *burning the roof of my mouth on my dinner

    *bare feet on pillows (unless it's my baby's feet, it's a total no-no)

    *hangovers, pimples, and diarrhea (and that's really bad if it's all on the same day)

    What pisses you off? I'm so curious. I didn't purposely set out to offend anyone, but if I did, so be it. These are my opinions, like them or not. Now tell me yours.

    (SIDENOTE: Yes, I'm posting from work again, only because I did this post ahead of time. Hee, hee! I told you I'm a stickler for time management!)

    9 Comments:

    • At 11:40 AM, October 06, 2005, Blogger sue said…

      when I step with my bare feet into something wet that I didn't put there

      I laughed out loud when I read this one... sooooo true...!! (Have you been to my house? Hmmm...)

      Thanks for sharing. I agree with ALL of them!

       
    • At 1:19 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger Lizard Queen said…

      I so used royal blue eyeliner in my younger years...'cause I was cool like 'dat. LOL

      What pisses me off?

      People who don't pay attention to their kids and then are suprised when the kid turns to drugs or other unsavory behavior.

      People who don't own up to what they've done wrong.

      Those are just two on the top of my head right now...

       
    • At 1:45 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger mr_g said…

      I know what you mean about the flat tire in winter. Nothing like having to make a cell phone call and wait by the side of the freway in 55 degree weather and the distinct possibility of rain...oh, yeah, I live in LA, it's not so bad is it?

      As for cemeteries, it's the funeral homes who rip you off. I'm so glad we (Jews) use simple pine boxes...very cheap! What they charge for a casket that gets used once and is lined to be comfortable for someone who needs no more physical comfort is beyond me. Yeah, go spend 10 grand on a mahagony casket so everyone will think you really care...weird!

       
    • At 8:26 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger mamalife said…

      Many of my pet peeves are already on my list. Here is one of my biggest: When you put in a request for a nurse call back and then I get your answering machine when I return the call. When you then call the office later to complain a nurse has not called you back yet. Or when I FINALLY get you after many tries, ask if you got your message that I returned your call earlier, and you say something dumb like "Oh I had the music really loud all day so I could not hear the phone and I never check my messages." Oh, this irritates me too... when I call you back and Jerry Springer on TV is blaring so loudly we cannot even hear each other talk!!! (Thanks for letting me vent!)

       
    • At 10:51 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger madman said…

      Anonoymous cowards are at the top of my list---but you hit many others. Great Post!

       
    • At 8:37 AM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Rae Ann said…

      LOL, madman. Most of the ones you listed are on my list too. You didn't offend me. I'd add people who speed through school zones.

       
    • At 12:15 PM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Erin said…

      I swear I commented here yesterday...hmmm...what happened?

       
    • At 11:22 PM, October 07, 2005, Blogger As always... Rachael said…

      You sreu as hell didn't offend me - whew, close call! I hate all those same things... and I can't think of any thing new to add. Anonymous commenters was already listed by madman. (But why madman, why? lol!)

      I usually hold a paper clip in my mouth while im straightening the papers to be clipped, and I hate it I grab one that my husband has used to clean his ears.

      (that's never happened, I just couldn't think of anything!)

       
    • At 12:55 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Reflections Of A Mom said…

      I can agree with the WHOLE list! I also hate the people who go 40 mph in a 55 zone!!!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home