Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Sunday, October 30, 2005

    Walking It Off...

    I just got back from a long walk with Java. We went down the street to our very large park and walked around the whole thing. Then, I took her around the block for good measure. Lately, she's been scratching herself to bits and some of the hair on her back is looking quite nasty. I don't know if she's just bored or what, so I decided I'd wear her out a little today. I don't know why she scratches herself so much; it could be allergies or just plain boredom. I figured she needed something else to think about, so why not give her a variety of smells from the neighborhood.

    Last night, Blondie's dog Linus ate a whole bag of potpourri and proceeded to puke it all up all over the basement. We weren't sure which dog did it, so we smelled them both. Linus smelled like cinnamon; Java did not. So, we deduced that Linus was the culprit. He puked several times, too. He even got sick this morning, so I decided that a walk would not be in his best interest. He needs his rest today.

    I was up at 4:22 a.m. Thank you, fucking Daylight Savings Time. Jack, however, got up an hour later. We fed him breakfast at 6 a.m. and he played until he tuckered out at around 8:30 a.m. Poor little guy doesn't know about Daylight Savings Time yet, so now his schedule is all screwed up. We knew this would happen, though. Now that it's bright and sunny at 6 a.m., it must be playtime. Right? After Jack fell asleep for his much-earlier-than-normal morning nap, Hubby crawled back into bed, as well, since he's got to go to work in a little while. That's when I decided to take Java on an excursion throughout the park, where there wasn't a soul around.

    It's been a good morning, so far.

    Yesterday, my Mom, Blondie, and I went to a bridal shower for Blondie's best friend. It was small and cozy, not over-the-top extravagant and very, very far from home. Punka watched Jack while we were gone. He, naturally, did a great job. When I came home, my mother-in-law called me to tell me that our favorite neighborhood pizza joint had been closed down for an indefinite amount of time, their license suspended. All I could think of was how many times I'd eaten from there and if their license got suspended because the Board of Health came in and investigated. It gave me the heebie-jeebies.

    Today will be a quiet day. It's cool out and sunny. Everyone is content at the moment and I'm just going to sit around and eat my "good" Halloween candy. I can't wait to come home from work tomorrow and walk the dogs and the baby around, seeing how much candy we can actually get for an eight-month-old. I'm also hoping we get some dog treats for the dogs, too.

    Hopefully, the time change doesn't make this day turn into a ghoulish nightmare. It would be fitting for this time of year, wouldn't it?

    Have a great Sunday! And think of Linus whenever you smell cinnamon. I have a feeling he won't be touching any potpourri anytime soon. Hee, hee!

    6 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home