Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Sunday, February 05, 2006

    Back To Normal...

    I feel soooooo much better today.

    That three-hour glucose test I took yesterday sure did a helluva number on my system. I hope I never have to go for another one of those again...for the rest of my life. Not only did I have to fast for twelve hours beforehand, but I also couldn't eat anything at all for the duration of the four-hour test. For a pregnant woman, that sucks the fat one! I was stuck four times for blood and my arms are killing me right now. When I got home, I had a bad headache which lasted the entire rest of the day and night. I puked my head off several times (out of the blue, in mid-sentence while talking to Hubby, just after telling him how bad of a headache I was having) and couldn't really hold any food down until dinnertime. I was crabby and miserable and just the smell of food made me want to vomit.

    I'm so glad that's over. I feel a thousand times better today, and back to normal, too. At this very moment, I'm enjoying a slice of...what else?...key lime pie. The baby is napping; the dogs are trying to kill each other; Hubby's at work; and I'm just going to relax and eat, eat, eat today.

    I hope the test results show that I don't have gestational diabetes, for obvious reasons. It'll give me another excuse to bitch about that God-awful test. Why in the world would anyone make a pregnant woman fast for sixteen hours? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Just the thought of ever having to do that again makes me want to refuse it if I ever have to. I was miserable.

    I'm so glad that nightmare is over. You have no idea, unless of course, it's happened to you, too.

    7 Comments:

    • At 12:40 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Erin said…

      With each of mine I prayed that I wouldn't have to do the second test. It was bad enough fasting for 8 hours, then sucking down the orange syrup (which I happen to like) for the regular test.

      I hope your numbers come back alright. I'm sure they will, probably just a fluke the first time!

      Enjoy that keylime pie girl!!

       
    • At 1:27 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Katrina said…

      Whoever thought up making a pregnant woman fast for that long has no idea what kind of damage that can do... Obviously a man, because they don't always think of these things...

       
    • At 1:55 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger cubmommy said…

      Glad you are feeling better today. I'm sure very thing will be just fine!

       
    • At 2:33 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Reflections Of A Mom said…

      Yes that is torture to a pregnant person! It's the same as labor, not being able to eat for 12 hours, because you MIGHT have a csection. I cheated and I plan on cheating this time too. I'm not high risk and have delivered two babies vaginally before. The first time I started vomiting because I was SO hungry after the birth. YUCK!

      Hopefully the test comes back as nothing, and you can continue to bitch about it :)

       
    • At 5:25 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger ccw said…

      Glad you survived. That was the worst test of my last pregnancy. It made me so sick and my arms were so sore.

      I'm hoping you get good results.

       
    • At 8:55 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger mamalife said…

      I had to do the longer glucose test also after the shorter one came back borderline. I hated it also. I'm sure it will come back fine! (But have an extra piece of that key lime pie now, just in case!)

       
    • At 8:07 AM, February 06, 2006, Blogger sue said…

      Been there, done that. Yes, it sucks big-time.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home