Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Saturday, February 11, 2006

    Crib Notes, Part One...

    Last night, Hubby put Jack's crib in our room, less than two feet from my side of the bed. So far, Jack is still sleeping in it. There was no fussing at all from him last night. N.O.N.E. How about that? Since he's so used to the sounds of our room and the sounds and smells of us at night, I think this was a great solution. For the first time in a very long time, I was able to stretch out in bed when I felt like it. While I missed him breathing in my face and snuggling in my armpit, I didn't, however, miss the kicks to my head or the frequent headbutts that awoke me from a pleasant slumber. Heh...

    So far, so good. I know it was only the first night, but it was worth a shot. I'm glad we took that chance. Maybe Jack just needed his own space, like we needed ours. I think I only said, "Shhhhhhh," once and that was at around 4:30 a.m. He hasn't, to my knowledge, woken up yet. Then again, he could've while I was in the shower and I just don't know it yet.

    Eventually, he will be moved to his own room, across the hall from us. I think that once he gets used to sleeping in his crib at night, it won't matter to him where it is, really. I know it was only the first night of this experiment, but I'm very surprised that it didn't turn out to be horrendous. Jack has shocked both of us, to say the very least.

    I want to thank all of you for your comments and suggestions. What works for some babies, doesn't always work for others. I'm glad you shared what worked for you. What we're doing will hopefully continue to work for us. It's a step in the right direction, nonetheless. And today, I'm pleasantly surprised and relieved.

    Let's hope this new trend keeps up and continues to be successful. Yeah, a new transition is in the future, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. One day at a time, or one night at a time, is the only way to deal with this.

    Thanks, again, for all of your input and I hope I can keep updating you with success stories like last night's. I swear, I must have an angel somewhere out there. Actually, my angel is still sleeping in his crib as I write this. ***Gush***

    6 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home