Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Friday, February 24, 2006

    In Utero Acrobatics...

    I was awake a lot last night, but not because of Baby Jack. He slept very well, actually. Imagine that! The baby in utero kept me awake for much of last night and I didn't sleep well at all. I don't remember that ever happening when I was pregnant with Jack. Yeah, I'd go pee ten times a night, but I don't remember his fetal frenzies ever literally waking me up from a deep sleep. Every single time I got up, I went to the bathroom only because I couldn't understand why I was awake. I kept thinking, "Well, maybe I just have to go pee." So I'd go, only to be awakened by kicks and breakdancing spins shortly thereafter. This is a very active baby.

    I don't mind the night dancing so much because it was the one thing I missed the most once I wasn't pregnant anymore. I'm just not used to it. This baby is just making sure that I never forget the connection we have. There's no other feeling in the world like having a life growing inside of you. A Mother eats for her baby, sleeps with her baby, and dreams about her baby before anyone else ever gets a chance to bond. The baby goes everywhere the Mother goes, protected from the rest of the world by thick layers of love and flesh. No one knows their baby like a Mother does. I know I will miss these kicks once the baby is born. I will miss them a lot, to the point where it will make me cry later, just like I did once Jack was born. I recall missing Jack's kicks so much that my heart hurt and I longed for them for weeks after he was born. I truly love being pregnant.

    On another note, I'm leaving work early today because Hubby has physical therapy for his back. I'm leaving in time to get paid for a full day, anyway, so I don't care about work today. I'm only here for a little while, so I'm not stressing out about the amount of book reports due today that the students DIDN'T turn in.

    I wish I'd slept better last night, but the in utero acrobatics are a good reason to be awake. It's better than being awake because Jack won't sleep. And I was the only one affected by the nighttime belly ballet, so it was kind of nice, in a weird way, to have that "alone" time with The Fetus. It won't be much longer now, so rather than be upset about not sleeping well last night, I'm going to be happy that my body was used as a dance hall, instead.

    And, no...I didn't have any wasabi at dinner. This baby just wanted to tango. Heh...

    Oh...and by the way, my pal Paul (a.k.a. The Hollywood Bigshot) has used one of my ideas for his blog today...and you'll never guess what it's about: People Who Take the Last Piece of Everything. Very Entertaining; and you know how I feel about THAT. You need to stop by his blog to have a look. Thanks for the link, Paul!

    5 Comments:

    • At 10:27 AM, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Mom said…

      Sorry to hear you had a rough night, but was glad that it wasn't Jack keeping you up. Sounds like a very active big baby. The next 10 weeks will go by quickly.

       
    • At 10:31 AM, February 24, 2006, Blogger beans said…

      is there going to be a time before the birth that you refer to this child as more than "the fetus" or "baby #2".

      but i'm just sayin....

       
    • At 1:02 PM, February 24, 2006, Blogger ccw said…

      I have never been one to love being pregnant, but I love the movement. It is the one reason why I am glad that I get to be pregnant and not my husband. It is the most inexplicably wonderful feeling in the world.

       
    • At 8:36 PM, February 24, 2006, Blogger Melissa said…

      I, too, have been awoken in the middle of the night by the wonderful "belly ballet." And I also don't remember anything quite like it when I was pregnant with Lucas. I guess it's the uterus' way of saying, "You're doing what again to me?!?!?!?"

       
    • At 9:15 AM, February 25, 2006, Blogger Erin said…

      Other than the kicks (which I LOVED!), I loved the fact that I was never alone. No matter what. That baby was with me day and night for months. That is just incredible.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home