Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Friday, February 03, 2006

    Is He Saying "Uncle" or "Punka?"...

    For the past couple of nights, Baby Jack has been repeating the same name over and over again. He's saying what sounds like "Uncle" (my brother) or "Punka" (my Dad). When I ask him if he's saying "Uncle," he turns and looks at the baby gate. Every. Single. Time.

    The other night, my brother came over to take a look at the baby gate that's in the dining room; it broke (the spring inside it took a shit, so now it's not quite a safety gate, but it still locks). He and Jack played and played and played. After my brother left, Jack kept repeating "Unka." When I asked him to say it again (I'm so stupid, as if he'd repeat himself just because I asked), he didn't. Last night, however, he kept saying it again. And when I asked him if he was saying "Uncle," he stopped to look at the baby gate in the dining room.

    "Unka" could mean two things; my brother or my Dad. Since everyone calls my Dad "Punka," it's quite possible he's saying that. And when he looked at the baby gate, he could've very well been looking toward the back door, which he knows my father comes in through everyday.

    I don't know what Jack means when he says, "Unka," but I do know that HE knows what he's saying. And I guess that's all that matters.

    P.S. He can also point out the eyes and nose on any of his stuffed animals. He'll do it a dozen times if you ask him. Yea! My boy is getting smarter each day! (Can you hear me gushing with pride?)

    6 Comments:

    • At 9:55 AM, February 03, 2006, Anonymous Jacks' Ciocia - say "Cio-cia," Jack! said…

      Yay for Jackaroo! What a wonder he is! Dad and Greg must be over the moon. I bet they have big fights at home over what he's really saying.

      Now you have to teach him "Ciocia"!

       
    • At 10:59 AM, February 03, 2006, Blogger mr_g said…

      Maybe he really likes those reruns of All in the Family and is really sayng, "Bunker". Ok, it's a stretch...

       
    • At 3:30 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger momyblogR said…

      Please, my manual still hasn't come for interpreting the things my kids say. It's really quite funny what they say. But what's funnier, is what you said, they really know what they are saying. It's just the rest of us that have no idea, lol.

       
    • At 6:52 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger cubmommy said…

      I still don't know what Big Cubby says sometimes. I love trying to figure out what they are saying.


      Way to go Jack!

       
    • At 10:09 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Clio said…

      I'm sure he's the smartest baby ever. But at least you know you'll figure out what he's saying some day. I wish I could figure out what my dog is saying.

       
    • At 12:53 PM, February 04, 2006, Blogger nu. said…

      wow i've been away for a month and look what i've missed... Jack taking his first steps, your birthday, and another word added to his baby-vocabulary! i babysit my friend Teri's kid now and then, she's two and has quite a vocab too, although it does take me a while to figure out what she's saying...

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home