Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Friday, February 17, 2006

    Little Slices Of Death...

    Edgar Allan Poe once said, "Sleep...Little slices of death, how I loathe them." I feel the exact opposite of that statement today. I don't feel that sleep is equal to death, nor do I hate it. I'm just grateful I was able to get some sleep last night!

    Jack slept just fine last night, from 10 p.m. until 7:15 a.m. He stayed in his crib all night, as well. I'm beginning to think my baby has a borderline personality disorder. This "I hate you...don't leave me" stuff is for the birds. One minute he's a cuddly little monster who can't get close enough to me; the next minute he's pushing me away like I'm the plague.

    I'm sure he's just making adjustments to the new sleeping arrangements. I'm also pretty sure he's discovering yet another new trick to entertain us with (and stop our hearts in the process)...climbing! He's been climbing over the poor dog for a week now, every time he sees her lying on the floor. Last night, he started climbing over ME! And, boy, is he good at it! I'm so glad we have sturdy baby gates at all our stairways!

    Before he went to bed last night, I gave him a dose of infant Tylenol and put some Baby Orajel on his nummy, just in case teething is an issue. He slept so damn well, too. And the whole house can live in harmony now.

    Everybody knows that when the Mama's not happy, nobody in the rest of the house is going to be happy, either. That's the rule.

    Hopefully, tonight will be a good night, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed. If it isn't, that's okay because I have another three-day weekend. Monday is President's Day, so I can catch up on sleep if I need to. I love three-day weekends. We should have them all the time.

    1 Comments:

    • At 10:17 PM, February 18, 2006, Anonymous Irene said…

      I could use a 3 day weekend every week. I just realized that your kiddies will be about 15 months apart like mine who are 16 months apart. I love finding people as crazy as me!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home