Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Tuesday, February 28, 2006

    Six Pounds Later...

    I had my OB/GYN appointment after work yesterday and, as usual, all is well. Hubby had his physical therapy appointment, too, and surprised me by coming to my doctor visit after he was done. I had no idea he'd show up, but he did and it was great to have him there. Baby Jack was being taken care of by my Dad, so we knew they were having a great time together.

    Six pounds...yep, that's how much I gained in the last two weeks! That's almost half of the weight I've gained with this entire pregnancy, so far. (I had gone in for my first OB appointment when I was 15 weeks pregnant and have only gained eleven pounds since, but I know I put on about five before I'd even seen my OB, bringing my total pregnancy weight gain to about fifteen or sixteen pounds, so far.) I don't know how the hell that happened, but my doctor just smiled when he saw the figure. Everything is going well; my blood pressure is awesome; there's no sugar or protein in my urine; the baby is measuring exactly where he/she should be. I have to get some blood work done before my next appointment, to check for anemia and AIDS. They made it a state law in Illinois as of this year that every pregnant woman has to have an AIDS test; even though I had one a year ago when I was pregnant with Jack, I still have to get it. That's fine with me, though.

    My next appointment is on St. Patrick's Day, for which I will take the day off from work with good reason. I have a 9 a.m. visit and Jack has a 10 a.m. visit with his NEW PEDIATRICIAN who's just down the hall from my OB/GYN. I changed Jack's doctor last Friday because I don't want him seeing Dr. Dipshit anymore, plus I feel better with a pediatrician for him, instead of a family practice doctor. And, of course, the new baby will automatically have him as a pediatrician, as well, so there will be no Dr. Dipshit for my children ever again. Hooray!

    So, all is well here in Eatmiseryland. Today is Paczki (pronounced POONCH-key) Day (or Fat Tuesday to you non-Polish blog readers), so bring on the jelly donuts. I'm eating for two, so I can use the extra pounds (heh)! Last year, Baby Jack was born on Paczki Day, earning the nickname "Paczki Baby" from my Gram. And guess what he had for breakfast this morning...

    ...A STRAWBERRY PACZKI! That's my boy!

    10 Comments:

    • At 11:37 AM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Mom said…

      Glad to hear everything is okay. What a difference between your pregnancy last time (with Dr. Dipshit in charge) and this pregnancy. I love your OB/GYN guy! And what a nice surprise when hubby joined you. Yesterday was a good day! Love, Mom

       
    • At 11:50 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger ccw said…

      So glad that everything is going well. 6 pounds, I am sure that was a surprise, but you still haven't gained much weight.

      I hope you like the new pediatrician. Having one you love makes all the difference.

       
    • At 12:14 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Erin said…

      *rolling eyes* SIX POUNDS?!?! Girl, you need some meat on those bones! LOL!

      I am glad you and the bambino are doing so well. And I am super glad that you found a new ped. for the kiddos. I'm sure it will be a very easy transition.

       
    • At 12:33 PM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous your sister who is still Polish even though she left Chicago said…

      Sounds like your inside-baby likes those paczki as much as his/her big brother Jackaroo! Yay for Paczki Day! Nobody knows what that is here in Kansas.

       
    • At 2:04 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger beans said…

      mmmm... donuts.

       
    • At 2:55 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger cubmommy said…

      Glad to hear everything going great.

      Now I am hungry for donuts!

       
    • At 6:48 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Reflections Of A Mom said…

      Almost over...wish I was that close, but I know I will get there faster than I realize!

      6lbs is NOTHING!!! I gained 18lbs in ONE month my last pregnancy!!! I'm so picky when I'm pregnant, and when I have a craving I go for it. I'm trying to be better this time around!

       
    • At 8:48 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Melissa said…

      Glad to hear all is going well with you and the baby. I had my 36 week appt today, and I was jumping for joy b/c I had only gained 1 pound in 2 weeks!!! But then again, I am way, way, WAY ahead of you weight gaining category.

      Stay well!

       
    • At 11:08 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Manic Mom said…

      Hiya! Missed seeing you in BLogland. Glad things are going well with the pregnancy--not too far long to go! And six pounds plus what, 15? That's nothing to worry about! Check me at 60 pounds with my third. Ugh, that was a killer.

       
    • At 8:17 AM, March 01, 2006, Blogger nu. said…

      oh i'm glad that in-utero baby is doing well, and that ex-utero baby has a new (proper) doctor! is Paczki Day the Polish equivalent of Pancake Day here?

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home