Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Thursday, February 16, 2006

    Two Things On My Mind...

    There are two things on my mind today:

    1.) If you really want to put your marriage to the ultimate test, have a kid who won't sleep at night. You and your spouse will learn very quickly how much or how little you can tolerate each other. Right now, I'm hoping that Baby Jack and I are sleeping when Hubby comes home, just so I don't have to have any contact with him today. I really don't even want to go home at all today. Here we go again.

    Yeah...that's where we are right now. Jack had slept four wonderful, heavenly nights in his crib once we put it in our room last Friday night. Now, however, he has decided he doesn't want to sleep anymore...at all...in his crib...or in our bed. I feel that he's just now figured out that the crib sleeping arrangement is permanent and his reaction (staying up all fucking night, two nights in a row) is just a period of adjustment for him. Either that, or I'm reading his cues wrong. It could be teething; it could be that he's on the cusp of something new; it could be that he's so excited about knowing how to walk that he wants to walk even in the middle of the night; it could be anything. My instinct, however, tells me that he's just adjusting to the new sleeping arrangement and I'm going with my gut on this one.

    Tell that to my husband, who thinks I'm wrong, wrong, wrong and that my little "experiment with the crib in our bedroom" isn't working anymore (just because it's been a rough two nights; what the hell will he do when there's two babies just a few months from now? Then again, that's my fault, too.). To be honest, I think we were spoiled by those four glorious nights of blissful slumber. I knew there had to be a catch. It couldn't possibly be so easy. Hubby, on the other hand, is basically blaming me for why this child doesn't want to sleep and I'm so sick of hearing it. I've learned that parenting is never 50-50. It's 80-20, at best, with the Mother being the heavy. Last night, Hubby and Jack slept in the spare room, but it wasn't until 4-fucking-a.m.

    I guess I better get used to it. It's always the Mama's fault, right? I have three words for my husband today, and they're NOT "I love you."

    2.) On a brighter note, Madman has put my picture and bio on his blog and has voted for me to be Ms. Blogger 2006. Cast your vote because I'm such a hottie. It'll make me feel better today. Plus, it just might make me forget that I can count on one hand how many hours I've slept in the last forty-eight. I work full-time as a teacher to eighth-graders AND I'm seven months pregnant AND I have a husband who thinks he's supportive, but he's really not. I come home from work and I still have to "work" with my baby. It's not like it's playtime the minute I get home. Hubby doesn't even get home until after 9 p.m. Then again, being a Mother isn't considered "work" according to people who have penises, is it? Kill. Me. Now.

    Can I please have that "easy" button now?

    11 Comments:

    • At 10:06 AM, February 16, 2006, Blogger madman said…

      I voted-I voted!!

       
    • At 12:31 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger cubmommy said…

      First I voted!!!

      Second I can empathize on the sleeping and husband issues. Going through that myself. Lack of sleep makes everyone crazy.

       
    • At 1:00 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger poopie said…

      Oh honey. Bless your heart. Here's a big {{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}

       
    • At 1:25 PM, February 16, 2006, Anonymous Mom said…

      Four nights of sleep; two without sleep. Hope Jack doesn't want to make it 4-3 tonight. Good luck!

       
    • At 3:27 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger ccw said…

      So sorry about your lack of sleep and fighting with your husband. I hope you get some rest tonight.

      I'm with you on the crib experiment, I don't think it could be considered a failure after 2 bad nights. If you stop, you will just have to start again.

      Pregnancy and marriage don't agree in my household. We cannot get along when I am pregnant. Throw in a night without sleep and we would probably kill one another.

       
    • At 8:38 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Blog This! said…

      Lack of sleep is a form of torture in some parts of the world. It WILL drive you insane and test the very limits of your marriage. It can turn the most laid back, level headed person into a raving lunatic (as my husband is a prime example of). Hang in there, hopefully it will all work itself out before the new baby comes, can't say I have any more advice than I already posted previously;)

       
    • At 8:56 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger mamalife said…

      Sorry you're having a tough time with lack of sleep and hubby issues. I hear ya - it's a man thing.

       
    • At 6:46 AM, February 17, 2006, Blogger Blue said…

      Oh sweetie - you have all my sympathy. My girl didn't sleep for the first 11 1/2 months of her life & I was a walking zombie - my ex never lifted a finger.

      Thats not a jinx BTW - he was a terminal dumbass in all areas - not just the '2nd shift'

      Good luck and hopefully it will all remedy itself soon.

       
    • At 7:35 PM, February 19, 2006, Blogger Shannon said…

      I voted too!!

      I hope things have settled down a bit for you by now.

      Big hugs to ya!

       
    • At 1:50 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Rae Ann said…

      Men are so clueless sometimes about parenting babies. Unfortunately, that doesn't always get better as the kids get older. Sorry, I've got PMS today. ;-)

       
    • At 9:19 AM, February 21, 2006, Blogger sue said…

      I didn't even know Madman was blogging again... that's TERRIFIC! I'm so glad to know this... Oh, and of COURSE I voted for you. :)

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home