Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Monday, January 18, 2010

    C'Mon...You Envy Me...

    In a nutshell, I have:

    *One 95lb. dog who barks incessantly every time I let her out in the yard and is constantly eating food off the kids' plates when they walk out of the room (the reason she's 95lbs.)

    *One 3.5yo daughter who challenges everything I do or say, is smarter than the average kid her age (seriously, you have no idea), and is described by her teacher as being a "take charge kind of kid"

    *One almost 5yo son with sensory processing disorder who is louder than bombs, constantly seeks tactile and proprioceptive input, and has developed a penchant for yelling at the top of his lungs when the babies are sleeping

    *Two 3mo old twin daughters who tag team me with breastfeeding at all hours of the day

    *One husband who is also a soon-to-be Stay-at-Home Dad

    I have a great life. It's not without its bumps and bruises, but it's home to me. Five years ago, my house was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. There were candles lit, no clutter, and I ate take-out as often as I pleased. Now, it's full, loud, and we get take-out once a week, usually. It's chaotic, but loving, as well. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

    It would be nice, however, if the girl wasn't so sassy (I don't know where she gets that!), the boy weren't so quirky, the dog didn't bark at the wind, the babies ate on a schedule, and Hubby weren't getting laid off. Of course, then it would be quite boring and we'd end up handing over one of our paychecks to pay someone to watch our kids so we could work. So, I'll stick with what I've got.

    The dog can bark all she wants; the girl can continue to develop her leadership skills; the boy can become the next Bill Gates/Andy Kaufman/Jim Carrey/Robin Williams/Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; the twins can continue to get fat; and Hubby can endure it all while I go to work everyday. Heh.

    I'm just living the dream, folks.

    1 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home