Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Wednesday, January 13, 2010

    Do You Know What SPD Is Like?...

    Not all of these things apply to my son Jack, but many do. If you've never heard of Sensory Processing Disorder, the picture above can give you a bit of an idea. There are many other aspects of the disorder; this is just a taste. Believe me, it's no picnic. Sensational Kids by Lucy Jane Miller, Ph.D., OTR is a great read, if you want to know more about it.

    2 Comments:

    • At 7:58 AM, January 13, 2010, Blogger trifitmom said…

      where did you get that diagram ? can you send a link to me. my 5 year old has spd, anxiety and ocd and it is impossible to explain this to many of my friends, they just don't get it.

      feener44atgmaildotcom

       
    • At 5:44 PM, January 16, 2010, Blogger Hoosier Girl said…

      I am going to copy that picture. I deal with a lot of kids with those issues. I'm also going to get that book. Thanks for the info.

      J.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home