Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Saturday, January 30, 2010

    Doldrums...

    Hubby and I are sad for two completely different reasons. Yesterday was his last day at work; he'll be a stay-at-home Dad now. Yesterday was my last day of being a stay-at-home Mom; I go back to work on Monday after a five-month maternity leave.

    While I'm so glad that he'll be home with the kids, I'm also sad that I have to leave the babies. It's going to be a very hard adjustment for all of us. Jack and Liv have to get used to a "new sheriff in town." And the babies are going to have to get used to Mommy being gone eight hours a day. Hubby is going to have to get used to juggling all four kids' needs, which isn't as easy as I've made it look; it was my job during my maternity leave while he was working and it's what I was born to do.

    Hubby has left his old life to start a new one, in a way. And I am going back to what I did before the babies came. Plus, it's the last time I'm ever on maternity leave. It's bittersweet for both of us.

    On top of it all, I have a cold; a toothache; I just turned 38 yesterday (which hit me like a ton of bricks and I didn't think it would be a big deal, but it is to me); and I have to prepare (mentally) for going back to work and leaving my kids.

    Doldrums...that's what it is right now. And it's no fun.

    1 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home