Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Tuesday, January 26, 2010

    Nonpregnant Nesting...

    What am I going to do today? There are so many things I could do with regards to cleaning, organizing, etc. I just don't know where I want to begin and if I'll have enough time between feedings and the babies' naps to start any new projects. I got a lot done yesterday. I guess I'm just trying to get everything organized and neat for Hubby when he takes over the household while I'm at work next week. I want it to be as easy as possible for him, so I'm trying to make the house user-friendly. Does that make sense? It's like nesting without being pregnant.

    I spent a lot of time organizing my kitchen yesterday and was quite successful. I even made a chicken tortilla soup in my crock pot that was to-die-for. I even froze a couple containers of it so I can take it for lunch a couple times once I go back to work. I'm thinking about making a pound cake today. I absolutely love pound cake, but have never made one. It's something to try.

    I may tackle the closet in our spare bedroom, but the kids are always in there and I don't know if I'll be able to do anything if they're on top of me while I'm trying to organize it. Who knows? Maybe they can help, but we all know how that works out.

    Whatever I do today, I'm sure it'll be constructive. My days are numbered as a Stay-at-Home Mom. I need to get things done while I can and time is short now. Routines and systems are in place for all the kids, so I can concentrate on getting this house in order for when I'm back at work next week.

    I've said it before, going to work will be like a vacation compared to what I do here at home on a daily basis.

    1 Comments:

    • At 5:54 PM, January 26, 2010, Blogger Shari said…

      I'm like you in this regard. I need everything to be organized so it's easier to get through the day. I always make extras so we have a quick frozen meal for the days when things go off track.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home