Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Taking one day at a time...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DO SOMETHING GOOD
  • Wednesday, March 23, 2011

    A Thing Of The Past...

    Believe it or not, I don't really watch much television at all. If I do, it's in passing and it's usually Nick Jr., Sprout, Qubo, or PBS, which are all kid stations. Very rarely will I ever catch anything on TV because I want to see it and set aside time to do so. Sometimes I'll get an episode or two of HGTV or Food Network on Saturdays when we go to my Mom's. Other than that, I don't watch TV at all, not even movies. Is that strange?

    Before I had kids, I watched all the "cool" shows. Now, I just avoid them. Don't ask me about Dancing With the Stars, Grey's Anatomy, The Apprentice, Desperate Housewives, or The Bachelor. I don't know anything about them. Ask me what was on Ni Hao, Kai Lan and I can tell you. Ask me what episode of Go, Diego, Go was on and I can fill you in. Ask me what Martha Speaks was about and I'll be happy to let you know. In this house, we know our kid TV. Grown-up shows are a thing of the past around here. Sigh.

    I don't miss it. If I hadn't become a Mother, I would never have thought about falling in love with Sesame Street all over again. Now that I have kids, I'm able to see the beauty of learning as it happens. For that, I'll gladly say goodbye to prime time television and grown-up shows at all. As far as watching TV after the kids go to bed, I just choose not to. I'd rather be on the computer writing this to you. Heh.

    I used to be cool. Now, I'm even cooler.

    3 Comments:

    • At 6:28 AM, March 23, 2011, Anonymous 2paw said…

      When my friends' children were small we all listened to The Wiggles and Hi 5 - no proper music at all.
      I don't think any one minded!!
      I don't watch any of those shows either!! I loved Sesame Street and The Electric Company, but most of all Play School.

       
    • At 9:20 PM, March 23, 2011, Blogger heather fish said…

      Right there with ya on the never watch TV anymore thing! It's not necessarily a bad thing in my mind :)

       
    • At 10:16 PM, March 23, 2011, Anonymous your loving sister said…

      I record House and the Biggest Loser and that's all I watch. And now that it's getting warmer, Decky doesn't watch as much TV. The only time he watches now is when Bill is home. It's a guy thing, I guess. Decky would rather I read to him, and I love doing that.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home